Rosslyn Chapel Visitor Centre
Work undertaken by Melanie Goode whilst working for Page\Park Architects.
Design and construction of a new-build extension to the visitor facilities at the historic Rosslyn Chapel. Listed Category A and a Scheduled Ancient Monument, the late-Gothic chapel dates from 1484. The new building has an unusual green oak roof structure to provide an open and inviting space for visitors. Both careful siting and the sensitive specification of materials such as copper roof cladding and Clashach stone mean that the new additions fits in well to its historic setting. The building is designed to contribute to the sustainable running of the site, incorporating a rainwater recycling system and biomass boiler.
Images by Andrew Lee