Extension and remodeling of the corner plot of a Georgian terrace dating from 1865, located within the St. John's Wood Conservation Area.
Working closely with our client, the owners and occupiers of the property, we designed and obtained statutory permissions for lower ground floor extension below the building’s existing outrigger, for minor alterations to the fenestration and glazing, and for an external wall-mounted light to the ground floor entrance from Abbey Gardens.
Changes to the internal layout of the rooms, and the ways in which they link together, make it better suited to the day-to-day needs of a busy family with young children.
All interventions were carefully considered in order to preserve and enhance the building’s external appearance and the local and distinctive character of the area.
St. John's Wood, London
2016 - 2017
Design - Construction